Saturday, July 19, 2014

Musings from a Strange Land 2

Random thoughts from my first weeks in Madrid (and the many places I got lost in):

1 January 2014: 

Who would have guessed that I would be ringing in the new year from Madrid, Spain? Certainly not me. Wow.

Feliz Nuevo Año to my friends back home. May 2014 see you reach the place of your dreams as well!


3 January 2014:

Rainy day in Madrid (Yes, Madrid! Madrid, SPAIN! HOLY SHIT, I'M IN SPAIN Y'ALL!!!). The apartment hunt continues. I have 3 more places to look at, but they will have to be amazing to top the one I just saw.

Holy Shit, son! The bus has wifi!? Sweet!

What the hell is a "wee-fee"? Do I have to pay to use the bathroom here!? That's some bullshit.


5 January 2014

Fancy-pants McDonalds is totally a landmark now. Deal with it.


6 January 2014

What, He wants to buy me a drink? But I already have a drink. I'll take some wings, though.

Street musicians have to AUDITION here?? What, like American Idol style? Do they walk into the room, and there's Ana Botella and some other random ass dudes just chillin' at a table? OMG, who's going to be Simon?

8 January 2014

LEARN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE, KIDS! No matter how many people tell you: "Why bother? Everywhere you go, they speak English.", it is simply not true. Not at all.

I'm going to write a country song called 'Perdido en un Pueblo sin Nombre'.

Listening to Quickie Mart and doing a presentation introducing me and New Orleans. I meet the kids tomorrow. Here goes something!!

10 January 2014

I miss Avon (my cat) so much


******
That's all for the first few days in Madrid. More to come, my loves! 
-K-

No comments:

Post a Comment