Thursday, July 4, 2019

En Mi Cocina

SO, the fuckery continues, even though I don't post as much as I should! I'm working on that, I swear. Especially since - This just in - I have successfully renewed my position here in Madrid. More on that later.

Cooking has been a big thing here in Madrid. It's the same as anywhere: it's cheaper to cook at home, and eating out is expensive. Plus, I'm in a new country so I don't know what most of the things here are called. Thank goodness for the 3 semesters of Castellano I took in university, and the year I took in high school (¡Hola, Señor Buerkle!), or  I wouldn't even know what I'm buying. Oh, who am I kidding? I usually don't know what I'm buying.

It has been much easier to eat better here. The produce is fresh, and it is EVERYWHERE. My fridge is always stocked with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and fruit. Yay fruit!
You know what I haven't found here? SOUP. Like canned soup. There is no Progresso, no Campbells, nope. You either get it in a packet, a pouch, or in a pour thingie like Stock or something. Sooooo, I have been learning to make my own soups.
(This is from 2014... turns out I have tons of half-thoughts that I never finished. Me again!


No comments:

Post a Comment