Thursday, March 19, 2020

Quarantine Chronicles: Day 3

Note: I originally posted this on my Facebook on March 16, 2020, but I didn't want to lose it as I fill up my timeline. Since I decided to start the Quarantine Chronicles here, this should be my first post. I can't say I'll update this every day but I'll try to be more active as the days go on. Take care, everyone. 


Quarantine Day 3: Just getting started but hopefully it will be as productive as yesterday. I cleaned and rearranged my living room, to make space for working out and yoga. Did an online Zumba session and made dinner. My neighbors and I are all having coffee on the terraces outside our doors. We're rolling our chairs out and just chatting over/across the balcony. Some people are playing music and we're getting to know each other (I got a shout out from my upstairs neighbors for my Prince Dance party - they said they want to join me when this is all over!). It's kind of nice seeing the people around me for once. We've also made a list of our numbers for the elderly people living in the building, so they can call us if they need anything. I haven't left the building for 48 hours and counting, so I have no idea what's really going on out there. I know that there are heavy fines for being caught on the street if you're not going to the supermarket, pharmacy, doctor, or work. I also learned that you can't have anyone over or have anyone stay with you - you can't break quarantine in any way. I get that.
It's disheartening to still see posts with people claiming that this is "just the flu", that people are overreacting, or even questioning that this is even real - saying it's a hoax or a "distraction"... Y'all, this is real. This is happening. And it's spreading fast.
Thanks to those who have checked on me, sent me messages, cat pictures/videos, funny videos/memes, and even called me. Family: I'm trying to get through but still having trouble. I'm working on it. But just know that I am safe, I have food, and I have friends and support. Mom and Dad: I will be fine. You did not raise a stupid child.
To my friends that are trying to get home: Be well and be safe. To those that are just starting to hunker down: My thoughts are with you. We will get through this. Or not. Whatever, you grown. #yomequedoencasa

No comments:

Post a Comment