Saturday, May 30, 2020

A Long Walk...

On May 2nd, in the year of our Lord 2020, the Government of Spain finally allowed us to leave our homes for walks and exercise. It was a day of glory for [almost] everyone involved. This was a part of our introduction to Spain's de-escalation plan, which has four phases. The Day of the Walks came as a part of Phase 0, or as I like to call it: "Y'all can go out but you better act right, or else!" for truly what Pedro Sànchez (Mr. Sánchez, if you're nasty) giveth, he can taketh away. (Note from 2021 - they ain't acting right... but we can get into that later)

So I left early in the morning (not too early, though) to walk through my neighborhood and see what I couldn't see for almost three months. Turns out that with two hours, one kilometer, and Jill Scott on repeat, you can cover a lot of ground. Here's the song I listened to that also titled this post [for me, there really was no other option]. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuCZv6rNuc0

Enjoy: 

Oh, come on! You know I was going to take a selfie!

Plaza Nelson Mandela

Also Plaza Nelson Mandela

The playgrounds were blocked off all over the city.  

The streets were so empty... if you know Madrid, you know how weird this was.

Random dogs chillin'

Waiting to order the first coffee in 3 months that I didn't make myself.

YES. CARBS. These thighs didn't make themselves, you know. 

Chillin in Plaza Cascorro









Y'all had no idea, huh?? 



I never wanted a bike so bad in my life. 









The way home...



What was wild to me was that there were hardly any people on the street. It was nice though, I had more time to enjoy myself without worrying about crowds or avoiding people (We ARE in a pandemic, so...). I noticed more people starting to come out around 9AM (we had to go back inside at 10AM), so I went home. I was so shocked by how tired I was! Turns out when you don't do much walking for almost 3 months, then go on a 2 hours adventure... that shit takes a toll! No regrets, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment