Friday, December 13, 2013

Esperando mi Visa...

Is this how Vladimir and Estragon felt? I mean yes, it's a bit grandiose to compare the two, but I'm a Theatre major: What did you expect? Visa, thy name is 'Godot' and I am in need of a dead tree and bowler hat ASAP.

So I applied for my visa, and was told it would take 2-3 weeks. Well it is now a MONTH, and I am still waiting. STILL. WAITING. I contacted the consulate and was told that they are waiting to hear from Spain. That's right, We are literally waiting for a phone call, email, or forms from the Spanish police that say I am cleared to travel. OH. MY. GOD. I am climbing up the walls over here.

Here's the thing: I have just gone through a month of packing, cleaning, and moving a house into storage. I left my job at a TV news station and another one at a nightclub. I gave away ALL of my furniture, and most of my possessions and now I am in Atlanta waiting for the next step: Madrid.
For this, I have endured days of working, barely sleeping or eating so I could be ready to move. I then took my poor kitty on two flights to get here. I am ready to TO THE DAMN THING. But I can't make any sort of move until my visa comes through. AHHHHHHHH!!!

I know it's less of an update, and more of me bitching about my problems. I know that I am fortunate to be accepted to this program, and that I am privileged to be in the running, blah blah blah. But this is frustrating as fuck, and I really need to get it out.

The GOOD news is that my Gofundme page is still up and running. I'm actually halfway to my goal. If you're interested in donating, you can go to http://www.gofundme.com/54txrg and help me not be homeless once I FINALLY get to Madrid! Keep reading, I'm sure once I get overseas the fun will begin, right? RIGHT!?

No comments:

Post a Comment